Thursday, August 28, 2008

The New Me.... ((continued))...

Well I know that the 3 readers who read my blog know that I am trying to re-invent myself. New, new, new! Well there is some new stuff that I would like to inform you about. I am now officially a soccer player. Never dreamed of that in my life. Today was my first practice and besides the killer heat it was thoroughly enjoyable. I really think that I am going to like it! BUT guess what I am also doing Cross Country. Two sports in one season is really hard to do and I am just now beginning to realize that. I don't just have a full plate, I also have 2 side dishes filled and and 64 oz. drink...filled! I am juggling work, school, friends, sports, God and church all at the same time. I know that God needs to come first and foremost and I really am trying to put an effort into my relationship and trying to make HIM my number one priority. It is very, very challenging and I am trying not to get caught up in all the other things and stay grounded. 

Next Subject. I need ask a question. Ok my new style. There're are many pieces in my wardrobe that some people would think would be "gay". Such as white pants, sleeveless hoodie, & a suit vest. Now just for the record for all of you who have ever questioned my orientation "I am straight!" I like girls, let me rephrase that I LOVE girls. lol. OK. well anyways let me move on, should I just work (<-gay word) the pieces I've purchased or what? I am sick and tired of always having that question being presented to me (("Are you gay?")) and stuff like that. You know, you get sick and tired of people asking you the same question over and over. AH! What do you think of this whole deal? hmm. I'm trying to be myself and not let anyone get me down so ya. 

I know I went off on a little tangent and all, just asking for some help. 

Well thanks for having interest in my life. Love you guys. 

5 comments:

Nathan said...

First off, there is absolutely nothing gay about vests and white pants...the sleeveless hoodie is a tough article of clothing to pull off, but depending on the right pants...but doable.

Dude, high school is probably the most cruel place to be in life. Trust me when I say that all of that crap pretty much goes away post high school. Hang in there. Don't be anyone but yourself.

Just punch people in the face next time they ask you that. :-)
...but as a pastor, I can't really say that, so just forget I just said that...uh..typed that.

bcl said...

Just be yourself. If anyone doesn't like it or thinks your gay, just correct them and move on. Who cares what people think, it's only God's opinion that matters in the end right? Work your own style, I actually admire you for having the courage to step out and have your own style instead of just following the latest trend. Way to go! Keep it up!

Art Teacher said...

Ummmm...I love guys that care about how they present themselves. I wish you could give my sweet Kev some lessons in how to dress. People need to learn when to keep there mouth shut and look at your character instead of your appearance. Just be who you are and ignore the less creative people around you!

Kara said...

Whadda ya know, there's at least 4 of us reading your blog (one more than you thought)! LOL! :) Anyway, here's my advice, since ya asked...first go back and read your Brandemoneum post (just to remember WHY you're doing this i the first place) and then get a gigantic button that says, "I'm not gay, but I AM HAPPY (original meaning of the word "gay")!" or maybe "Don't let the outfit fool you, I LOVE the GIRLS!" and wear it whenever you've got that outfit on (that is, if you really want to draw attention to the fact that others think the outfit is "gay"). Whatever you do, remember that no one can decide what's right for you except you and God (and your parents while you live under their roof)! Just my humble opinion...

Love ya!
Kika

Glenn said...

You have to ask yourself one question: Why am I changing my appearance? If the answer is that you want to be "cool" or to impress people so that they will be your friends, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Just be yourself and dress in clothes that are comfortable. As for the sleeveless hoodies: Dude, this is Florida! It's only cold enough a few days of the year to wear ANY type of hoodie! :)