Sunday, August 17, 2008

Brandemonium No More!


School Shopping is here. This is one of my favorite and least favorite times of year for this reason New Stuff but also a New School Year. ((blah)) Anyways this year dare I say "I want to reinvent myself?" I DO! Ok this might sound drastic but I am well on my way to becoming a new "Daniel". Here's the deal, no I don't want to change my personality but yes I want to change my style and many other things that come with that. 

BRANDS BRANDS BRANDS!!!!! No don't get me wrong BRANDS are amazing. Ahhh! For all of my middle and high school career I have been consumed by them especially the mac daddy of them all for teens-and me ~ Abercrombie and Fitch. I shutter at these words now. I refuse to be branded with those words ever again. My deal now is that I want to expand my horizon with fashion and how I put things together. I just don't want to buy what's in season at Abercrombie and feel like I'm in style because of it. NO! 

Now I'm not boycotting brands all together. Not at all! What I'm trying to say is that I'm moving away from what the majority of teenage America is wearing. Let me tell you my inspiration for my new style. Wow I can't believe I'm gunna write this.... My inspiration are the Jonas Brothers. Whew! But I don't want to be a wanna be brother I want to take what they have done or recreated and recreate it to fit "my style" and my budget. :) 

So this year I did not make one purchase from Abercrombie and Fitch, not even Hollister! ((Gasp!!)) Instead I choose to buy things at Dillards (Polo Section... Yippee SALE) Target, American Eagle (Just Jeans), Polo Ralph Lauren OUTLET, J Crew OUTLET ((Praise God for Miramar Outlets), Guess and Old Navy. I know that many of these are huge name brands but ya I think I explained myself above. 

Soo, keep a look out for the "new" me! :D

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Well, if you do this new style thing, you will have to start wearing Skinny Jeans. Levi's, to be exact. Dillards have them. They are the 511 or 510 Levi's.

Also, the blog roll thing...fixed!! my bad.

You might want to check your blogs for grammatical and spelling errors before you post though... :-)

Kara said...

I always knew you were a smart kid! Way to be an individual - step out from the crowd and discover your own style! :)

Wall•elover said...

yay! I'm glad that I could be there to document this new stage of your life...LOL!