Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Fresh Start.

Well it's hard to believe that I am a JUNIOR this year.... ! WOW! A junior, it just seems like yesterday that I was a freshman! Anyways just want to update you on what's going on in my life, on a more personal note. ((I hope that I don't regret this)) 

As many of you Facebook(ers) and Tweets know a couple nights ago I wasn't in a very good mood. I was so ticked at myself, my parents, & my life. I was so overwhelmed with just stuff, I really felt like dying. I'm just struggling right now with so many things: Financial Issues, I want a CAR!, work related issues, school just started back ((not a struggle [yet] lol)), certain relationships that I have, just a bunch of stuff. Ok, Ok you are probably saying "But you are only 16!!!!" I know, believe me I know! But ya the things we go through, and it only gets harder. So here is the good news. 

So after just being fed up I ran to my room and let the flood gates open. Cue the tears. I was so frustrated and angry I didn't know what to do with myself! So I stayed in my room until the next morning. As time passed in my room I calmed down and popped in my headphones turning up the tunes. But this "listening to music session" was far from normal. I decided that I was going to listen to some Christian Music ((normally when I'm mad I blast Kelly Clarkson.)) -Casting Crowns to be exact. I listened to their whole CD... Lifesong. It was incredible. I was totally wrecked. It totally just spoke to me right where I was.... no scratch that GOD totally spoke to me through them right where I was. I put it on Shuffle, skipped through a couple of the "Happier" songs and then listened to the rest. Three of the songs spoke to me the most: "Does Anybody Hear Her?" "Praise You in This Storm" and most of all "Set Me Free" As "Set Me Free" filled my ears tears filled my eyes. I was broken. That song totally is where I'm at right now. Wow. I cried out to Jesus in my own room, laying in my bed, at night. God truly can speak to you anywhere. It doesn't have to be at church or sunday school it can be anywhere. 
Before I forget I also listened to this amazing song "Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer" by Keith and Kristen Getty. Cried all through that one too. 

This is yet another turning point in my life. During the Lightforce Trip God totally rocked my heart and I made a big step in His direction. That was such an awesome experience and I'm so glad that I had the courage (through Him) to do that. It still has been a daily struggle to continue on the path that He wants me on. That night that I just described was another one of those "rock your heart" nights. It just reminds me that I still am a Child of the One and Only Creator. And that He still wants me on His path going His way. Also that I need to cast all my cares on Him. Isn't He Amazing? :)



I will leave you with these three verses that are hanging on my bathroom wall. 

Philippians 4:6-7 (New American Standard Bible) 

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Matthew 6:33 (New American Standard Bible)

 33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.



Thanks God. :D

2 comments:

Kara said...

Awesome post, Daniel! Way to put your thoughts out there and follow it up with verses...thank you for reminding me of those verses, by the way...just what I needed to hear (read)! God has an amazing way of speaking to us right when we need it the most - not matter where we are...if we are willing! You may never know how many lives you just touched by being so transparent in this post! Way to go! :)

Kika

Art Teacher said...

I can't believe you're not in MS anymore, let alone a junior in HS! Thanks for this post, your transparency really spoke to me! Keep your path, those are some of my favorite verses too! I'm praying for you and I as recall 16 wasn't always easy, if I can remember back that far. You're awesome!