Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SOLO.



As you know the new me has come with many different changes. One of those changes is me doing my devotionals. I recently purchased a devotional unlike any I've seen or done ((which sadly hasn't been many)) called SOLO. SOLO is written by the people who brought us the Message. The subtitle for the devotional is "An Uncommon Devotional". I knew I wanted to do something different not just the same ole same ole and when I picked up this book at the Family Christian Store, I didn't even know what I was getting myself in too. And I'm glad I ended up getting this book. 

OK, so enough intro - let me tell you why I like it so much and why you should grab a copy. 
Each day you go though 4 steps; Read, Think, Pray, Live. The passage is there for you on the left-hand page ready for you to dive into. Underneath the "Read" section, it doesn't just tell you to read it and move on it tells you different ways it wants you to read that specific passage. It's pretty cool. Under "think" it gives you key points to dwell on etc. and then lead you right into a "pray"er time. It gives you a starting point to pray that day or you can just pray how you feel led. Last but not least it gives you a point to 'Live" on for that day. You continually think about it during the day and remember what you learned in just that brief moment you shared with God earlier that morning. 

I hope that if you haven't found a devotional that works for you, that this one will. 
I give SOLO 2 thumbs up ((wow I feel like a critic... lol)) 

Well, that's just my point of view... :)

-Daniel 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Daniel, I just spent a few minutes catching up on your blog (and your life)...Congrats on the new mini!! How fun is that?? We need to see pictures though, specifically of you in it! Also, just want to encourage you to keep working through the things God is teaching you. You are in a stage of life that is not always easy, lots of things pulling for your attention and devotion. Sometimes it takes a "breaking point" for the Lord to finally get our focus, but when He does, He is ready to help us get rid of the junk so we can replace it with something of value. Remember these times in your life, they are markers in your spiritual journey and they are key opportunities to grow, even though they're often messy! We are proud of you Daniel and the man God is shaping you to be. Walk in the freedom of just being yourself!! We miss you!

bcl said...

I just saw your twitter thing. Congrats on the new Starbucks job! I thought you were working at one that was closing. Which one on Livingston will you be working at?